2012年4月8日 星期日

My Fair Lady

My Fair Lady- Level 3


    I've read a book which is "My Fair Lady" from Chapter 1- 4. The writer of this book is Alan Jay Lerner. This story book is very interesting and it makes me laugh quite few times already. This story is talk about a lady who called Eliza, she's from West London, and her accent caught Professor Higgins's attention. They had their 1st met on the wet streets, its quite unpleasant, because Professor Higgins kept fastidious Eliza's accent and made her angry. He told Eliza to learn the English accent from him and she did, and then, their love story has begins... After this story came out, people turned this story book became a musical in 1958 and film in 1964. What an old book......

    Actually I like love stories very much, I feel it's very romantic and fantasy, so I'm quite interesting on this book. Everytime i start to read this, I am very concentrate and I feel that I can't help myself to stop to continue reading this book, but I don't feel like want to know the ending of the story so fast, so I keep forcing myself to stop it, and divert my attention to others things.

    By the way, I am really curious about, what will be the ending of Eliza and Professor Higgins? I think it makes reader feel exciting for sure!

1 則留言:

  1. Dear Mann Lyn,

    Thank you for sharing your reflections with us. You seem very absorbed in the book and it's fantastic that you've had some good laughs from the reading. Hopefully, from this modern tale of Cinderella, you'll explore not only language learning but also cultures in the British society.

    Keep up the nice work with the reading project and your learning in MCU!

    回覆刪除

注意:只有此網誌的成員可以留言。